Travelers of the Month: Jennifer B. and Eric K!
Name: Jennifer B and Eric K!
City, State: Bay City, MI
Specialty: Telemetry & ICU (Respectively)
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
Jennifer: At my first hospital, countless travelers cycled through, and after hearing their stories I came to realize it encompassed everything I wanted out of life. How can you beat getting paid to see the country while gaining a myriad of experience in your career?
Eric: I had always loved to travel and see new people and places. However, the real reason that my traveling career took off was that I met this awesome woman who is now my wife during an assignment of her own. So long story short I was kidnapped.
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
Jennifer: After answering question one, to top it all off, I met someone to join me on my travel adventures and life adventures. 🙂 Taking on the world like this with your best friend is an absolute dream!
Eric: Just having the ability to travel to areas I haven’t been to before is my favorite part. We get a lot of unique experiences and it also doesn’t hurt that you can get out of an area when the weather isn’t to your liking.
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Bay City area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
We lived in Freeland, and a two-minute drive away was a Mexican restaurant called Entre Amigos that we were obsessed with!
4. What’s the best part about the Bay City area?
The Bay City area is quaint with kind people. What we loved best was being able to drive to the Upper Peninsula in a day and see the wonders there!
Want to see more? Check out our past Travelers of the Month!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Jennifer: Be flexible and helpful but don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Hospitals may change but nursing stays the same!
Eric: Be outgoing, friendly, and never be afraid to ask questions.
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
Jennifer: I really feel like I can trust them! My needs and questions are heard and they are very knowledgeable.
Eric: The staff is super friendly and helpful, and I don’t feel like a number.
Congrats Jennifer and Eric! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply today!
- Traveler of the Month: Aaliyah A! - September 23, 2022
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Medford, OR! - September 16, 2022
- Axis Ranked Amongst Best Travel Nursing Agencies by Health Magazine! - September 9, 2022