Traveler of the Month: Katie K!
Name: Katie K.
City, State: Puyallup, WA
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I got into travel nursing early this year, 2021, during the wave of covid of the year. I have always wanted to do it and it was clear that other places in the US needed more help than what they had available.
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
The best part of traveling is being able to live in a new place for a few months with no strings attached. I feel like living in a place for a couple of months really gives you a chance to see the attractions you wouldn’t see if you just come to visit for a couple of days.
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Puyallup area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
I have only been in Puyallup for about a month and have not eaten out too much, but one place that stood out to me when I first got here is The Rock Woodfire Pizza. All of the names of the pizzas are named after Rock songs. The ambiance is all rock n roll everywhere, with signs on the walls of famous rock bands, all the famous rock songs playing in the background, and of course, the food named after songs.
4. What’s the best part about the Puyallup area?
The best part of the Puyallup area is its proximity to all of the outdoor activities. Puyallup is close to Mt. Rainier National Park, a few hours away from Olympic National Park, close to Commencement Bay in Tacoma, and of course, only being less than an hour away from Seattle. You can see all the cool things within a few miles of your house.
Want to see more? Check out our past Travelers of the Month!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Embrace it. Everywhere is so different and has so much to offer, get out there and explore everything you possibly can. You’re only there for a few months.
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
My recruiter Melody has been amazing through the application process to the hospital from the first day of work. Regardless of the time of day, I would reach out she would answer and help with any and all of my concerns. She has really been great.
Congrats Katie! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply today!
- Traveler of the Month: Aaliyah A! - September 23, 2022
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Medford, OR! - September 16, 2022
- Axis Ranked Amongst Best Travel Nursing Agencies by Health Magazine! - September 9, 2022