Axis Unfiltered – Episode 101 – Andrew Craig, RN
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to Episode 101 of Axis Unfiltered!
For our first episode, we’re lucky enough to sit down with Andrew Craig to get his thoughts on the industry.
Andrew is a Rock Star nurse and Founder of Traveler Talk, one of the fastest growing sites dedicated to the healthcare traveler community. With over 14k members strong (and growing by the day), Traveler Talk separates itself by providing a respectful, educational and collaborative forum for all in the industry, including travelers, recruiters and anyone interested in pursing a career as a healthcare traveler. It’s unique tone and positive vibe are welcomed and only push us all forward as an industry.
Plus, he’s a great dude who shares my good looks, so he has that going for him… which is nice. 😉
If you haven’t checked out Traveler Talk, where have you been!? You can find all things Traveler Talk related here:
We wanted to reach out to Andrew because he has a wealth of knowledge and he is a leading voice in our industry; most impressively, he’s more than willing to share his experiences with all.
We couldn’t give him or Traveler Talk a higher recommendation. So grab a coffee or a glass of wine, sit back, and enjoy!
- 0:20 – Welcome to Axis Unfiltered
- 2:25 – Twinning
- 2:45 – What is Traveler Talk?
- 7:05 – What led you into the nursing field?
- 14:35 – Advice for traveling with a significant other
- 20:40 – The purpose of Traveler Talk?
- 23:30 – How do you see Traveler Talk evolving?
- 24:55 – Current narratives on Traveler Talk
- 26:40 – The “Axis Advantage”
- 28:50 – Common hot topics on Traveler Talk
- 34:00 – The “Bill Rate Debate”
- 39:50 – Andrew’s advice for travelers
- 43:15 – “Must-pack” items for travelers hitting the road
- 47:15 – The “Perfect” Recruiter
- 49:30 – The “Perfect” Traveler
- 56:00 – The Last Words
Have feedback you’d like to share and/or guests you’d like to see on future Axis Unfiltered episodes? Reach out via the form below and let me know!
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like A Local – Burlington, VT! - August 9, 2019
- The Ultimate Travel Nurse Packing Checklist - August 2, 2019
- Travel Nursing Assignments: Live Like A Local – Tacoma! - April 8, 2019