11 questions with Don, Onboarding Specialist at Axis Medical Staffing
Meet Don, the newest Rock Star addition to the Axis team.
We welcomed Don to the team this week and we couldn’t be happier to have him come aboard. Don joins us as an Onboarding Specialist. In this role Don will ensure all of our travel nurses become compliant with our hospitals as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Don is a pretty amazing guy, having achieved quite a bit for someone who just recently graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is an accomplished writer, driven and is the definition of being ‘prepared’. Why do we think this? Well, he did a test run on the horrid Seattle commute the day before for his first meeting with us, as well as studied up on the CDC for his interview. So yeah, no worries when you’ve accepted that next contract, you’re in great hands with Don. It will be a breeze. Let’s get to know him a bit better…
1. You primarily Onboard Travel Nurses for new assignments. What’s your favorite part about the job so far?
Playing an important role in an individual’s career, especially in regards to healthcare.
2. If you could offer one piece of advice to a Travel Nurse, what would it be?
To stop and look at the world when they are traveling, instead of driving or flying right through it.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Writing my novels and thinking of new ideas for future projects. Since I was never the athletic type, I exercise my desire for competition in Poker/Texas Hold’Em.
Looking for a new travel nurse job? Search Our Gigs
4. You’ve published two novels, which is very impressive. Tell us how you got into writing and what you enjoy most about it.
I got into writing 8 years ago in high school when I involuntarily got interested in required literature novels for English class. For example, (Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, etc). I started writing on my own because I personally thought I could do just as good as many other authors did.
4a. And a shameless plug. Where can people pick up your work?
Here are the covers for the two novels. I am also posting the links to several short reads that I have written and published through Amazon Kindle.
How to Study Smarter: Quick and Easy Tips to Study Smarter, not Harder, for College Students
How to be Happy: Tips and Facts to Help you Become a Happier and more Positive Person
How to Get Rid of Depression: Basic Tips to Help Cure Your Depression
How to Break an Addiction: Basic Tips to Help you Overcome your Addiction
5. Best vacation you ever have taken?
Montreal this Summer in 2015.
You may also like: 11 Questions with Bruce, our newest Travel Nurse Recruiter at Axis
6. What do you like most about Seattle?
It’s the perfect mix of nature, weather, affordability, urban life, and strange.
7. Dog person or Cat person?
8. I’m happiest when:
It’s the weekend.
9. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
10. Favorite song, movie, book, or comedian?
Favorite Artist – The Weeknd
Favorite Movie – The Departed
Favorite Book – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson)
Comedian – Russell Peters
11. What do you like best about working at Axis so far?
The people have been very helpful and most importantly it’s very casual which is nice.
So welcome, Don! Great to have you on the Axis team!
Want to join the Axis team as well? We’d love to hear from you. Hit us up below!
- Navigating the Puzzle: Allied Licensing Guide - June 1, 2023
- Recruiter Spotlight: Heidi Simpson, Travel Nurse Recruiter - April 10, 2017
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Jen C.! - October 10, 2016