Recruiter Spotlight: Heidi Simpson, Travel Nurse Recruiter
Meet Heidi, one of our Rock Star Recruiters at Axis!
Heidi just recently had her 1 year anniversary with Axis and we couldn’t think of a better time to shine a light on how great she is. You may recognize her from her amazing posts on Facebook like this:
But on top of being an extremely gifted graphic designer, she’s also a talented Travel Nurse Recruiter who is loved by her travel nurses. Most importantly, she is as genuine of an individual as you will meet and an invaluable member of the Axis team. 🙂
Let’s get to know her a bit better…
1. What are some hobbies or interests you have outside of work?
I enjoy running, practicing yoga, traveling, going to concerts, and trying as many new restaurants as possible.
2. It’s a Friday night in Seattle, and you must pick one restaurant to go to. Where do you go and why?
The Walrus and the Carpenter. They have some of the best oysters in Seattle and I love the Ballard area!
3. What do you like most about Seattle?
I like that Seattle has a little bit of everything for everyone. Seattle has a big city feel yet you’re only a short drive from some of the most amazing hiking spots in the Pacific Northwest!
4. Best vacation you have ever taken?
In 2008 I backpacked around Europe and was lucky enough to visit Hungary, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. Europe steals my heart every time with the food, culture and architecture.
5. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
It would be a dream to visit Nepal and explore Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and the Himalayas.
6. Dog or Cat person?
I have an appreciation for all animals, although I’m a dog person at heart. And my dog, Stitch, would judge me if I said anything different.
7. I’m happiest when:
When I’m learning something new.
8. What are three things you couldn’t live without?
Coffee, tacos and Topo Chico!
You may also like: Check out our Traveler Nurse of the Month winners!
9. You win a $5k shopping spree to a store of your choice. Which one is it?
Nordstrom. No explanation needed. 🙂
10. Hike, bike or run?
I grew up hiking with my family so it’s my personal favorite. Hiking allows you to unplug, slow down, and enjoy the journey.
11. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
My friend and I visited an island in Thailand called Koh Sichang, and we swam in the ocean during a lightening storm. (Don’t tell my mom!)
12. Biggest Fear?
Flying, so I try to do it as much as possible.
13. What station is playing on Pandora right now?
I have an eclectic taste in music so this is a tough one… Alt-J, Future Islands, Magic Man, and Frank Sinatra are on constant rotation!
14. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
Any series by Anthony Bourdain. He really knows how to make the best use of a layover!
15. Favorite movie of all time?
The Highest Pass. The Highest Pass is a documentary that follows a motorcycle journey through India’s Himalayas, to the highest motorable road in the world. Very inspiring!
16. What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
I was a huge fan of Home Improvement, mostly because I had a little crush on JTT.
17. You recruit Travel Nurses for assignments throughout the country. What’s your favorite part about your job?
To help nurses further their careers while they explore new places… And live vicariously through them!
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
18. How would your Travel Nurses describe you?
I’m efficient, transparent, and I’ll do my best to help you throughout the entire process.
19. If you could offer one piece of advice to a Travel Nurse, what would it be?
To stay flexible and be open-minded. Travel Nursing will always present new obstacles and opportunities, and you’ll typically find growth where you least expect it.
20. What do you like best about working at Axis?
Working with the team at Axis. We dedicate the time to make our travel nurses part of the family, and we work extremely hard to guarantee that they have the best experience possible!