Traveler of the Month: Virginia K!
Name: Virginia K.
City, State: Denver, CO
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I had wanted to be a travel nurse for a long time, but had the limiting beliefs that I wasn’t smart enough or brave enough to do it. In March 2017, I went to a personal growth seminar and came out of there on fire! I got rid of those limiting beliefs and becoming a traveler has been one of the best decisions of my life!
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
I love the traveling! As a staff nurse, you get maybe two weeks vacation per year? That’s not enough time to travel! When I’m on assignment I feel like I’m on vacation. I just happen to have to work a few days a week!
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Denver area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
Denver has so many great restaurants it’s hard to pick just one! But if you want to experience a Denver icon then you need to visit Casa Bonita! Not great food, but the atmosphere is cool. They have a real life dive show complete with a gorilla!! It’s probably mostly for kids as they have a fun game room, and a cave, but it’s a must see.
4. What’s the best part about the Denver area?
From Denver, you can be at the mountains in just 20 to 30 minutes! We have all four seasons of weather! Of course, there are so many beautiful places to hike, mountain bike, snowshoe, ski and more! ! Anytime of the year! Denver also has an awesome nightlife!
Want to see more? Check out our past Travelers of the Month!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Communication! Especially with your recruiter! They are there to help you, use them! Go in with confidence, and don’t get involved in any of the unit politics. Experience as many new things as possible! Take this opportunity to live your best life!
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
I’ve been with Axis for a year now, and I don’t have any plans on switching agencies! They are all very supportive of their “Rock Stars!” And of course, My recruiter Lynna! She has my back and I trust her completely! I can always expect a quick response when I need her. She is genuinely interested in how I’m doing. She is so encouraging, and I can’t express how much I appreciate her!
Congrats Virginia! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply today!
- Traveler of the Month: Aaliyah A! - September 23, 2022
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Medford, OR! - September 16, 2022
- Axis Ranked Amongst Best Travel Nursing Agencies by Health Magazine! - September 9, 2022