Interviewing Travel Nurse Hiring Managers
When preparing for a travel nurse interview, it’s essential to come up with a list of questions for Interviewing Travel Nurse Hiring Managers. This will help you understand more about not only the position and the facility but also what the location is like for travelers who are new to the area.
Here’s a list of questions to consider asking when interviewing travel nurse hiring managers. These will ultimately spark conversation and give you a better perspective of what to expect at the facility:
Questions to ask hiring managers:
- What skills are you looking for from the traveler who fills this position?
- Could you tell me a little bit about your floating policy?
- How do scheduling shifts work and are there opportunities for overtime?
- What charting system do you use at your facility?
- What does orientation look like for your travelers?
- Is there a specific scrub color that I need to wear?
- What is the nurse-to-patient ratio in the unit or department?
- How many travelers do you have vs core staff?
- Could you tell me a little bit about the facility and surrounding area?
- If you have travelers, what would you say is their favorite aspect about working at this specific facility?
- If you have travelers, what do you hear them talk about doing on their days off?
- Do you have recommendations on where I could stay?
As a travel nurse interviewing for a new travel gig, asking the right questions can be the key to finding a fulfilling assignment. By tapping into aspects like facility support, team dynamics and assignment details, nurses can make informed career decisions. You’ll also have a much better idea of whether you think the assignment will be a match.
If you would like to learn more about travel nursing we would love to connect and answer questions you might have. You can click to schedule a call here to meet with one of our RockStar recruiters at a time that is convenient for you.