Travel Nursing with Pets for Adventure-Loving Pet Parents
🐕💙🐈Are you a proud pet parent that enjoys bringing your four-legged bestie along on your travel nurse adventures? Then you’re in the right place! We’ve put together a perfect guide to travel nursing with pets, so you can enjoy your wanderlust life while keeping your furry pals happy, healthy and safe.
Find Pet-Friendly Housing
One of the first challenges you’ll face as a travel nurse with pets is finding pet-friendly housing. There are several online resources to help you find the perfect home away from home for you and your pets:
- Furnished Finder: A top choice among travel nurses, this website lets you filter for pet-friendly properties.
- Airbnb: Use the “Pets allowed” filter to find pet-friendly rentals in your destination city.
- VRBO: Similar to Airbnb, VRBO also offers a pet-friendly filter for your search.
📌Pro Pet Travel Tip: Don’t forget to communicate with property owners about your pet(s) and any specific requirements they may have, like pet deposits or weight limits.
Keep Vet Records Handy
Keep your pet’s vaccinations and health records up-to-date and easily accessible. You never know when you might need them while on assignment. Store copies on your phone, and consider downloading a free pet health app where you can keep documents organized and available at your fingertips.
Prep Your Pet for Travel
Travel can be stressful for our furry friends, so it’s important to prepare them for life on the road. You can gradually acclimate your pet to their carrier or crate by taking them on short trips to help them get used to car rides. For pets prone to anxiety, consider using calming sprays, treats or toys during travel.
Explore Local Pet-Friendly Spots
As we know, one of the perks of travel nursing is getting to explore new places. Make it a point to discover pet-friendly parks, trails, restaurants and activities in your destination city! Websites such as BringFido and Yelp allow you to search and find the best spots to visit with your four-legged companion.
Prioritize Safety and Well-Being
As a travel nurse, you’re well-versed in the importance of health and safety. Extend that same care to your pets by:
- Microchipping and registering your pet
- Investing in a durable leash
- Packing a pet first aid kit
- Researching local emergency vets
📸 If you have any photos and videos while traveling with pets, we would love to see! Tag Axis Medial Staffing in your posts and use #AxisRockStars. We love hearing from our amazing community of travel nurses and their adorable pets.
We hope these tips make your next assignment with Axis even more enjoyable for you and your pets. Are you ready for your next pet-friendly assignment? Reach out today, and let’s make it happen!
Safe travels, and happy tails!
Check out our latest blogs here:
Want to connect with a recruiter? Apply today!
- Unveiling Secrets: Finding the Best Travel Nursing Assignments - May 30, 2023
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Chesapeake, VA! - May 23, 2023
- Don’t Get Duped! Avoid Travel Nurse Housing Scams - May 16, 2023