Traveler of the Month: Tessa L!
Name: Tessa L.
City, State: Los Angeles, CA
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I became a travel nurse because I wanted to live in a new place, without the hard commitment of moving forever. I love being able to go to new places and explore them.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
The best part of traveling is the freedom. I have the freedom to work where I want, when I want, and choose what I want from my workplace.
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
3. You meet a first-time travel nurse in the Los Angeles area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
Any first time traveler should totally hit up Ramen Tatsunoya. It’s amazing and worth any wait!
4. What’s the best part about the Los Angeles area?
The best part about living in LA is the food and of course the weather.
5. Any advice for other travel nurses?
If you are a new traveler I would suggest starting somewhere you have always wanted to go, but set up a good support system! It’s tough leaving your life behind and starting a more temporary one. Make sure you keep in touch with your friends and family and visit home if you miss it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the comforts of home while on an adventure!
6. How does Axis compare to other travel companies?
I love working for Axis and recommend it to anyone. They are personal, timely, fight for you when you need it, and always have supported me where I have wanted to go. I love what I do, and I am excited for what the future has in store.
Congrats Tessa! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply now to get the ball rolling!
Latest posts by Owen Davies (see all)
- 10 Tips for the Eco-Friendly Travel Nurse - July 1, 2020
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Reno, NV! - June 23, 2020
- Staff Spotlight – Charity Crawford, Senior Rock Star Recruiter! - June 19, 2020