Traveler of the Month: Rusti B!
Name: Rusti B.
City, State: Seattle, WA
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I like to think that I didn’t find travel nursing, but that it found me. My boyfriend, who is an ER nurse, mentioned it to me one day and I had no idea that this opportunity even existed. Next thing you know, we had my 4Runner packed down, ready to head to California. Since that day, we haven’t looked back.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
The best thing about traveling is being able to explore so many new places, experiencing so much positive, personal growth. I have tried so many new things. Many that I wouldn’t have before, Travel Nursing has definitely gotten me out of my comfort zone. One experience that will forever stick with me is the Mexican food scene in San Diego, CA. Priceless!
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Seattle area, which restaurant is a must try for them?
4. What’s the best part about the Seattle area?
The best part about Seattle has to be the views and the summers! The beautiful summers here are the silver lining to the dark, rainy winters. It never gets old seeing Mt. Rainier on my way to work everyday.
5. Any advice for travelers?
Stay open-minded and positive. Like most things in life, travel nursing can have its ups and downs. I’ve had a terrible contract and housing situation before, but luckily every other contract has been amazing. Best advice? Find yourself an amazing recruiter! It makes all the difference.
Not sure where to start searching for housing? Check out these tips
6. How does Axis compare to other companies?
Axis has been and continues to be an amazing company to work for. The staff has made everything so easy for me and are always available when I need them. I started out discovering this company in July and am now signed on for my third contract with them! I would recommend Axis to any travel nurse, whether they are just starting out or are a seasoned traveler.
Congrats Rusti! We’re so thrilled you joined the Axis team!
Want to be our next Traveler of the Month? Fill out the application below and let’s get started!
Latest posts by Owen Davies (see all)
- 10 Tips for the Eco-Friendly Travel Nurse - July 1, 2020
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Reno, NV! - June 23, 2020
- Staff Spotlight – Charity Crawford, Senior Rock Star Recruiter! - June 19, 2020