Traveler of the Month: Karnisha W!
Name: Karnisha W.
City, State: Anchorage, AK
Specialty: Cath Lab
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I was actually in Thailand on vacation when I saw the ad for the Alaska assignment. I was having such an amazing time and was thinking what if I could do both: travel and nurse. I was having so many new experiences and I didn’t want to give that up.
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
The best part about travel nursing is that you get to see many different ways to do things. You take that knowledge and use it to continually grow.
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Anchorage area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
Well Covid has put a hamper on most of my plans. I only got to eat at one restaurant before everything was closed and that was Kava’s Pancake House. Its a Samoan /Hawaiian restaurant, its comfort food. It really speaks to the truly diverse nature of Alaska.
4. What’s the best part about the Anchorage area?
It’s filled with trails and surrounded by mountains, and its centrally located for places you’d like to take weekend trips. You can pretty much get anywhere in Anchorage in 15 mins. Everyone is friendly and willing to give you suggestions of where to eat and explore.
Want to learn more? Check out our other Travelers of the Month!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
I would tell them be open to trying new things. You’ll be surprised by what you may end up liking. Try finding travel nurse groups on Facebook, they have been great at helping me find affordable housing and car rentals. I was surprised how many individuals and small businesses rent cars.
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
I love that my recruiter is always a text away. Since this is my first assignment, I have tons of questions, and she’s very responsive.
Congrats Karnisha! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply today!
- Traveler of the Month: Aaliyah A! - September 23, 2022
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Medford, OR! - September 16, 2022
- Axis Ranked Amongst Best Travel Nursing Agencies by Health Magazine! - September 9, 2022