Traveler of the Month: Jessica S!
Names: Jessica S.
City, State: Morrisville, VT
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I knew I wanted to do travel nursing before I even knew I wanted to be a nurse. I was in my car, listening to the radio during the ebola outbreak in 2014. They did a segment on travel nurses and this nurse talked about how she had the opportunity to travel to Ireland… I was hooked! I knew I wanted to do that with my life.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
Maybe it’s a bit cliche, but traveling! Getting to explore new places and meet new people every few months is amazing!
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Morrisville area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
Definitely Idletyme Brewing Company! They have some amazing local beers to try, and I recommend trying the poutine to get a taste of a Vermont classic.
4. What’s the best part about the Morrisville area?
Vermont is stunning, there’s no other way to describe it. I thought I knew what winter and fall looked like but I was wrong. The weather is straight out of a Hallmark movie and I can’t get enough.
Want to see more? Check out our previous Travelers of the Month!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Find a friend! Exploring on your own is fun, but it’s also nice to have a photo buddy.
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
Axis has been so amazing showing me the ropes with traveling. Everyone on the team from my recruiter Charity to the payroll team is incredible to work with!