Traveler of the Month: Heather J!
Name: Heather J.
City, State: Oakland, CA
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I had some major life changes happening and felt like I just needed to get away for awhile. I had a few friends that traveled and decided to give it a shot. Here I am 6 years later!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
I love getting to experience a new area every few months. Travel assignments give you enough time to actually get to know a place, without being there too long to get sick of it. I’ve also met some amazing people while traveling. And food. I love food.
3. You meet a first-time traveler in the Oakland area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
I wouldn’t know because I’ve been socially isolating the majority of my time here 😂
Looking for your next gig? Search our available jobs here!
4. What’s the best part about the Oakland area?
I love that it’s close to so many great places. San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite are all easy day trips from here.
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Do your research before taking a job.
Want to learn more? Check out our other Travelers of the Month!
6. What do you like best about working with Axis?
My recruiter, Lynna! She’s been amazing to work with. She goes above and beyond for me and has become a friend as well as my recruiter.
Congrats Heather! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply now to get the ball rolling!
- Traveler of the Month: Ciene G! - January 27, 2023
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Rapid City, SD! - January 24, 2023
- Axis Ranked in Top Ten by Highway Hypodermics! - January 20, 2023