Traveler of the Month: Erin S!
Name: Erin S.
City, State: Morgantown, WV
1. How did you get into travel nursing?
I’ve been a nurse for 10 years in many different nursing positions. I recently went through a separation and found that I couldn’t pay my bills at my full time income. I researched travel nursing, talked to a few different agencies and asked many travel nurse friends before I finally decided to give it a try. So glad I did!
2. What’s the best part about being a travel nurse?
The best part about being a travel nurse are the options. Most of the contracts are short-term with the option to extend. Therefore, if you like the place, you can stay, if you don’t, you can move onto the next one. You’re not stuck in one place!
3. You meet a first-time travel nurse in the Morgantown area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
I haven’t gone out much but if you’re here, and looking for something to do, I would recommend catching a WVU Mountaineer football game.
4. What’s the best part about the Morgantown area?
The best part about the Morgantown area is that it’s a college town so there are many hotel options and restaurants close by. I discovered DoorDash, a food delivery service, while being here. Very convenient!
5. Any advice for other travel nurses?
My advice to other travel nurses is to check out the smaller hospitals. Most have a hometown feel and the staff treat you like a longtime friend.
6. How does Axis compare to other travel companies?
Axis is the first agency I have had a contract with. I have talked to a few other agencies and I feel that Axis works to get me the best contracts. And if there is an issue they work quickly to resolve it.
Congrats Erin! We’re so glad you joined the Axis team! 🙂
Want to be considered for Traveler of the Month? Apply today!
Latest posts by Owen Davies (see all)
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Greenville, SC! - December 18, 2020
- Traveler of the Month: Whitley W! - December 18, 2020
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Baltimore, MD! - December 15, 2020