Travel Nurse of the Month – Krystal H!
Name: Krystal H.
City, State: Burlington, VT
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
After several years of staff nursing, I was looking forward to trying something new and exciting. I wanted to still work as a nurse and have the freedom to travel. Travel nursing allows me to have the best of both worlds, the job I love and the thrill of discovering new places. My last staff job had a lot of travelers working on the floor, so I picked their brains and then took the leap into travel nursing.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
My favorite part of traveling is being able to hop around the country and explore new areas. I love trying out new breweries and restaurants in each area I visit. Being able to visit different cities in their peak seasons is the best. I’ve loved the beautiful Fall colors in Vermont but I will be moving on before all the snow comes pouring down.
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time travel nurse in the Burlington area, which restaurants are a must for them to try?
Absolute favorite restaurant in the area is Misery Loves Co. in Winooski. I’d say my runner up is Pizzeria Verita. Foam Brewers is by far the best brewery!
Want to stay informed on today’s top Travel Nursing news? Sign up for our Rock Star email alerts here:
4. What’s the best part about the Burlington area?
My favorite part about Burlington is all the nature. Coming from San Diego, there aren’t a lot of trees or many local hikes. Burlington has so many beautiful hikes and I can’t get enough of the views!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Don’t let distance stop you. This whole country is gorgeous, don’t be afraid to cross the entire continent to see the beauty on the opposite coast.
You may also like: Check out our previous Travel Nurses of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
When I first started looking into travel nursing, I talked to several recruiters. Lynna was the most informative and easy to talk to while not being pushy. She is a joy to work with and Axis has been great.
Congrats Krystal! We’re so glad you chose to join the Axis Team! 🙂
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
- Traveler of the Month: Ciene G! - January 27, 2023
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Rapid City, SD! - January 24, 2023
- Axis Ranked in Top Ten by Highway Hypodermics! - January 20, 2023