Travel Nurse of the Month – Lashonda M!
Name: Lashonda M.
City, State: Greensboro, NC
Month: May 1
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
I initially got into travel nursing after meeting an awesome travel nurse who showed me pictures of all the different states she took assignments in. I had to see for myself!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
FREEDOM! Literally place your finger anywhere on a map and travel nursing can get you there!
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time travel nurse in the Greensboro area, which restaurants are a must for them to try?
I love the Mexican food at Mi Pueblo!
Want to stay informed on today’s top Travel Nursing news? Sign up for our Rock Star email alerts here:
4. What’s the best part about the Greensboro area?
This is the furniture district of the country. So much art and craftsmanship displayed around the city.
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Remember you are a very important member of the healthcare team at your new facility. Knowing that you are making a major difference to improve staffing fatigue and improve patient safety should make you proud to walk into ANY facility.
You may also like: Check out our previous Travel Nurses of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
I have worked with 2 prior agencies before but Axis feels like home. My recruiter, Veronica Schoo, has had my back since day 1. She always advocates for me to make sure my needs are being met on and off assignment. Everyone in the company really makes me feel like family!
Congrats LaShonda! We’re stoked you’re a part of the Axis Team! 🙂
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
Lynna is the Director of Recruiting and Operations at Axis Medical Staffing, Inc.
Latest posts by Lynna (see all)
- Ranked Again for 2020: Axis is the #2 Travel Nursing Company in the Nation! - June 26, 2020
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Jacob H! - June 3, 2019
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Lashonda M! - May 6, 2019