Travel Nurse of the Month – Jennifer R!
Name: Jennifer R.
City, State: Phoenix, AZ
Month: Aug. 1
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
I moved to AZ to take care of my grandparents and this was my first assignment. While I might stay here for a while I am starting to like the option of being able to pick up and go somewhere else.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
You can try out a lot of hospitals and towns and experience a lot, people!
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time travel nurse in the Phoenix area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
I am partial to mom and pop places. Downtown Phoenix is really growing! Taco Guild has amazing cocktails and tacos. Plus there are a lot of areas that have a great happy hour.
Want to stay informed on today’s top Travel Nursing news? Sign up for our Rock Star email alerts here:
4. What’s the best part about the Phoenix area?
Sunrise and sunsets, minimal traffic and so many places to be active outdoors even in the summer, when you head up north.
5. Any advice for other travelers?
I’m still learning myself, but I just go with the flow and spent my first day just trying to find out where everything was at and who my best resources are. As far as Phoenix goes, I am an outdoor person and I love heading up to Flagstaff or Payson to go hike!
You may also like: Check out our previous Traveler of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
Well Lynna is the best. Its nice to have someone help me navigate my contract and respond so quickly..
Congrats Jennifer! You’ve been a killer addition to the Axis team!
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
Lynna is the Director of Recruiting and Operations at Axis Medical Staffing, Inc.
Latest posts by Lynna (see all)
- Travel Nurses of the Month – Carolyn B. & Patrick W! - March 20, 2019
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Shelby C! - February 16, 2019
- Recruiter Diaries: Why I Gave Away My Cabo Trip - February 1, 2019