Travel Nurse of the Month – Jacob H!
Name: Jacob H.
City, State: Tillamook, OR
Month: Jun. 1
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
I have always been interested in seeing new places and trying new things. Travel nursing has been a goal of mine since I first applied to my nursing program in college.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
Traveling offers so many different opportunities. I love the challenge of learning in a new environment, both in a new city and a new hospital. The pay is nice too 😉 but the best part about travel nursing is the freedom. Having the choice to work when and where I want is incredibly satisfying. I feel like I am my own boss!
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time travel nurse in the Tillamook area, which restaurants are a must for them to try?
The Tillamook Creamery is the town staple, but the Pacific Oyster has the best food in my opinion.
Want to stay informed on today’s top Travel Nursing news? Sign up for our Rock Star email alerts here:
4. What’s the best part about the Tillamook area?
While I love the proximity to the ocean and all the nearby hiking trails, the smell of the town is indescribable.
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Ask questions! Traveling can seem overwhelming, but having a good recruiter you can ask questions and who can answer those questions can make all the difference. Even on assignment, you are expected to know most things, but don’t let that stop you from asking for help. It never hurts to ask!
You may also like: Check out our previous Travel Nurses of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
Axis has been good to me. The staff is very kind and prompt with their responses; the pay is competitive; and I feel like a valued member of the community rather than just a number.
Congrats Jacob! You’ve been an amazing addition to the Axis Team! 🙂
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
Lynna is the Director of Recruiting and Operations at Axis Medical Staffing, Inc.
Latest posts by Lynna (see all)
- Ranked Again for 2020: Axis is the #2 Travel Nursing Company in the Nation! - June 26, 2020
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Jacob H! - June 3, 2019
- Travel Nurse of the Month – Lashonda M! - May 6, 2019