Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Chesapeake, VA!
Chesapeake, VA is a lovely city located in the southeastern region of Virginia. Known for its incredible nature views, Chesapeake offers travel nurses and residents alike a taste of the great outdoors with its many parks, wildlife preserves and waterways. The city is also home to a rich history and culture, with numerous museums and historic sites to explore. In Chesapeake, you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking, fishing, and boating, thanks to its proximity to the Chesapeake Bay. In addition, the city boasts several parks and green spaces, including Northwest River Park, which offers camping, hiking and opportunities to go horseback riding!
While in Chesapeake, you’ll want to take advantage of your time to explore the city’s scenic parks and waterways. We suggest visiting the Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge to learn about the unique ecosystem of this historic swamp. You can also head to Northwest River Park for a relaxing day of kayaking, fishing and hiking.
Try the Local Cuisine
Chesapeake boasts a reputation for gourmet seafood dishes, and a wide variety of locally made cuisine. Try classic Chesapeake Bay blue crabs at The Crab Shack or head to Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant for an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. For a more upscale dining experience, you can check out Passion The Restaurant or Vintage Tavern for delicious farm-to-table cuisine. Here are some other spots we suggest dining at:
- The Egg Bistro: This local breakfast and brunch spot is a must-visit for delicious and innovative breakfast dishes. Try the Banana Nutella Crepes or the Crab Cake Benedict for a truly unique breakfast experience.
- Bangkok Garden: This family-owned Thai restaurant is located in the heart of Chesapeake and serves up delicious and authentic Thai dishes like Pad Thai, Massaman Curry and Tom Yum Soup.
- AJ Gators Sports Bar & Grill: This local sports bar is famous for watching the game and enjoying delicious pub food. Try the wings, burgers, or seafood baskets, and remember to enjoy it all paired with a cold craft beer.
- No Frill Bar and Grill: This local favorite in Chesapeake offers a diverse menu of American cuisine with a twist. Try their signature No Frill Burger or the tasty Pesto Chicken Pasta for a satisfying meal. Their cozy and welcoming atmosphere makes it a great place to gather with friends or family. Take advantage of their weekend brunch menu for an exceptional breakfast experience.
- The Butcher’s Son: A cozy, gastro-pub style restaurant that serves American cuisine made from scratch using locally sourced ingredients.
Let’s start your journey as a travel nurse with Axis today! Search our available jobs here!
Explore the Arts
Discover the vibrant arts scene in Chesapeake by visiting its art galleries, theaters and cultural events. Stroll through the impressive sculpture garden at Chesapeake Central Library or browse the local art galleries in the historic district of South Norfolk. Take the chance to catch an entertaining show at the Chesapeake Conference Center for an evening you won’t forget!
You won’t want to miss attending the Chesapeake Jubilee, that features live music, carnival rides and delicious food or the Chesapeake Wine Festival, where you can sample some of the region’s best wines. You might also want to consider horseback rising on the coast or ziplining through their lush parks! There is a little bit of something for everyone that comes to Chesapeake!
Craft Breweries & Wineries
Chesapeake has a casual brewery and winery scene, with plenty of bars, breweries, and live music venues to explore. Head to the Greenbrier area for a fun night out, or check out the local breweries like Big Ugly Brewing Company or Benchtop Brewing Company. Enjoy a glass of wine at the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for a more relaxing evening.
So, there you have it – an ultimate guide to Live Like a Local in Chesapeake, VA! Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, an art lover, or a foodie, Chesapeake’s charming atmosphere has something to offer everyone and makes a perfect destination for your next travel nursing assignment. Get ready for an unforgettable experience in Chesapeake.
You may also like: See how our Travelers of the Month are living their best travel nurse life!
Check out our latest blog posts!
Let’s start your journey as a travel nurse with Axis today!
Axis Medical Staffing: Supporting You In Your Next Travel Nursing Position
Want to connect with a recruiter? Apply today!
- Unveiling Secrets: Finding the Best Travel Nursing Assignments - May 30, 2023
- Travel Nurse Assignments: Live Like a Local – Chesapeake, VA! - May 23, 2023
- Don’t Get Duped! Avoid Travel Nurse Housing Scams - May 16, 2023