Travel Nurse of the Month – Kelli G!
Name: Kelli G.
City, State: Austin, TX
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
Have you ever just thought to yourself, “there has to be more to life than this sleepy little town?” That’s where I was in life. I wanted to see more, do more, and challenge myself. I was stuck in a rut, and travel nursing got me out!
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
It’s an adventure. You get to see some awesome places and try new things.
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time traveler in the Austin area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
4. What’s the best part about the Austin area?
There is literally something for everyone here! I love being outside and hiking. Check out River Place Nature Trail, St. Edwards Park for an awesome little swimming hole, Zilker Park and Barton Springs. Plus, it is close enough for great weekend trips to Dallas and San Antonio. Climb Enchanted Rock just outside Fredericksburg. If you’ll drive about an hour south, you will be in Gruene, TX. Check out The Gristmill there. It’s personally my favorite place ever. Also, float the rivers!
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Be flexible and have a good attitude. An assignment can be whatever you want it to be, if you have the right attitude.
You may also like: Check out our previous Traveler of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
Axis has been my only travel company, so I’d say they’re # 1! They have some awesome, hard-working, and honest people working there. I love my recruiter, Alisha, and couldn’t have asked for a better company to work for!
Congrats Kelli! You’ve been a great addition to the Axis team!
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
Lynna is the Director of Recruiting and Operations at Axis Medical Staffing, Inc.
Latest posts by Lynna (see all)
- Recruiter Diaries: Why I Gave Away My Cabo Trip - February 1, 2019
- Travel Nurses of the Month – Ingrid K & Eric K! - December 5, 2018
- Travel Nurses of the Month – Allyson M & Brandon H! - November 14, 2018