Travel Nurse of the Month – Jennifer R!
Name: Jennifer R.
City, State: Springfield, MA
Month: May. 1
1. How’d you get into travel nursing?
Several friends in my network were travel nurses and I was looking for a change from my current job. The opportunity to travel and gain experience in other OR settings appealed to me.
2. What’s the best part about traveling?
Gaining invaluable experience, seeing new places, meeting new friends!
Looking for your next travel assignment? Search our gigs here.
3. You meet a first time travel nurse in the Western MA area, which restaurant is a must for them to try?
Want to stay informed on today’s top Travel Nursing news? Sign up for our Rock Star email alerts here:
4. What’s the best part about the Western MA area?
Proximity to many other historical and fun spots to visit such as Boston, Cape Cod, NYC, Washington DC, and many places in Vermont, Maine, etc.
5. Any advice for other travelers?
Think and pray before taking on an assignment to make sure it’s what you truly want to do. Make sure you are with an awesome company and with a rock star recruiter like my Lynna! Check out reviews of the hospital so you know what you are getting into. Find housing before accepting an assignment. Do a budget or spreadsheet so you know what your take home really is after expenses etc. Breathe and have fun!
You may also like: Check out our previous Traveler of the Month winners!
6. How do you compare Axis to others travel companies?
Been the best so far, no comparison!
Congrats Jenn! We’re so thrilled to have you on the Axis team!
Want to be considered for our Traveler of the Month? Then don’t be shy, fill out the info below and join our team!
Lynna is the Director of Recruiting and Operations at Axis Medical Staffing, Inc.
Latest posts by Lynna (see all)
- Recruiter Diaries: Why I Gave Away My Cabo Trip - February 1, 2019
- Travel Nurses of the Month – Ingrid K & Eric K! - December 5, 2018
- Travel Nurses of the Month – Allyson M & Brandon H! - November 14, 2018