Assistant Department Manager (RN)
ROCK STAR STATUS
One of the Top Travel Nursing Companies in nation for 2016, 2017 & 2018 by Travel Nursing Central
Top 5 Travel Nursing Companies in the nation for 2017 by Blue Pipes
Ratings provided by actual Travel Nurses!
- Supervises the day to day shift activities. Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 – 60 plus employees.
- Supervises the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Monitors the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Active California RN license required.
- Active BLS certification required.
- Active PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Proven knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in a health care related field preferred.
- ALCS certification strongly preferred.
P: 1.888.299.AXIS (2947)
F: 1.888.858.AXIS (2947)